Today during our last training session for fall mentoring we had to write a phrase, something to help us this upcoming year push us forward. A reminder. I thought this, of all things, was most fitting. Sometimes I take on more than I can chew. Other times, I take on just enough, but I forget my purpose. I become so consumed in the negative aspects, or the ways things could go wrong, instead of giving it to God. I'm not only learning a lesson in patience, but a lesson in relaxing. God has a plan. I'm beginning to learn though that sometimes in order to see His plan, I need to start breathing first. It seems like breathing and seeing are completely unrelated, but when your brain receives a lack of oxygen (something found in premature infants sometimes), vision can not only become poor from this lack of oxygen, but blindness can even occur. Blindness. How often am I blinded by my own insecurities, anxieties, worries...when all I need to do is breathe. Such a seemingly easy concept, that I continually forget to do.
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Anxiety
Today during our last training session for fall mentoring we had to write a phrase, something to help us this upcoming year push us forward. A reminder. I thought this, of all things, was most fitting. Sometimes I take on more than I can chew. Other times, I take on just enough, but I forget my purpose. I become so consumed in the negative aspects, or the ways things could go wrong, instead of giving it to God. I'm not only learning a lesson in patience, but a lesson in relaxing. God has a plan. I'm beginning to learn though that sometimes in order to see His plan, I need to start breathing first. It seems like breathing and seeing are completely unrelated, but when your brain receives a lack of oxygen (something found in premature infants sometimes), vision can not only become poor from this lack of oxygen, but blindness can even occur. Blindness. How often am I blinded by my own insecurities, anxieties, worries...when all I need to do is breathe. Such a seemingly easy concept, that I continually forget to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Amen I hear ya! I too constantly need reminders to turn to the Lord, He is our strength to overcome after all. I always just get too proud and think I can handle things and forget to go to God with them(which is ridiculous, cause He is God, I'm definitely not) so they just multiply until I'm overwhelmed. Here's some good verses to remember. "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen. 1 Peter 5:6-11" P.S. Something great I've found is praying every night with someone else. I pray with my roommate/brother, we pray for each other and it really helps by giving me a time take things to the Lord. I understand you probably don't have time for this but maybe once a week or something with someone close to you any chance you get. It's encouraging too to see all the answered prayers I may have overlooked just praying alone (not saying to exclude that though) Anyway God bless! He loves you and will never leave you nor forsake you! :)
ReplyDeleteSincerely,
A Bother in Christ :)
*brother* not bother LOL
ReplyDeletePraying with someone else is a great suggestion. I'll try to see how I can work that into my day/week. Thank you for the suggestions, Anonymous :)
ReplyDeleteThat's great! It's been such a blessing for me, and a help in refocusing daily on Him. (it's surprising how selfish my prayers could be sometimes when it was just me praying alone, but praying with someone else helps to take the focus off myself and onto others and Jesus, and it was encouraging to know that someone is praying for me too.) Anyway, I hope it blesses you! Jesus is with you and loves you!
ReplyDelete"'Fear not, for I have redeemed you, I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you, and through the rivers, they will not overwhelm you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned or scorched, nor will the flame kindle upon you. For I am the Lord your God' Isaiah 43:1-3"
Godbless :)