The nurse asked me if I was experiencing any swelling. I'm not. Six pounds in two weeks. That's a little much, but maybe she's having a growth spurt. I am so eager to work out! Okay, okay... I'm eager to be allowed to seize the opportunity if were to feel energized enough to do so. That's honest.
I wish I could play the piano or at least sing extremely well. I sing to Madeline all the time. If she thinks I'm bad, she doesn't (can't) say anything. Hah. I haven't played my flute in over a year. That is sad. I miss music. I miss Mike playing. I know he misses it. Maybe he doesn't think about it. But I miss it for him. I want him to play. I want to hear 'Boston' on the piano. I want to hear 'Blackbird' on the guitar. I have like four different times of him practicing his clarinet for me saved on my phone. I remember when he would call me from a practice room. I love him. I hope he can still pursue music in some way. He has such a passion for it. He is so good at it.
What am I good at? I don't have a talent like that which sets me apart from other people. I'm intelligent, but I have much to learn. I'm not Einstein. I was in shape, but I was no star athlete. What's my thing? My niche. What sets me apart from everyone else? I wonder. I am sure there is something. There must be, right? It's times like these that the call to work in ministry seems to be screaming at me.
You're a great writer!
ReplyDeleteand YES! Jesus loves you!