Friday, April 15, 2011

april 8th

Reality Check

Today has not been my day. My phone broke late last night, and I lost all my contacts today when I got a new one. I got in an arguement with Madeline’s dad this afternoon. I was supposed to get Madeline’s one-year pictures done today, but she was grumpy all day long so we didn’t get them done. She bit me. I got written up at work. I’m sore from working out. This post deleted itself, so I had to start over. I need to write a history paper. At this point, it’s been one of those days where I could go on and on about complaining because I have allowed these events to put me in a bad mood. Then, I had a bit of a reality check. I paused in the midst of my complaining, to realize something. Yesterday was such a great day.

Yesterday I got an A on my English paper. I got out of my three-hour class an hour and a half early. I bought a pair of running shoes ON SALE; I got them for a great deal. Not only that, but I then actually thought about the positive things in this crappy day. I remembered to do MML. I ate spaghetti for dinner. “Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away…”

Today was not a fun day, but today was also a day given to me. Today I threw a pity party for myself all day long. I lost my contacts, but I didn’t even talk to half of those people anyway. The ones I did, I’ll get their numbers. IT’S NOT A BIG DEAL. I didn’t get Madeline’s pictures done, but we will. Honestly, there isn’t anything good about being written up at work. Actually that was ironic considering I JUST turned down another job so I could stay at Hubbard. Thank you God for irony. Please don’t let me get discouraged about that. It’s my own fault that I still have a history paper to write. I procrastinated. I am sore from working out, but I’m getting back into shape. No pain no gain, right? Anyway, I NEVER, or rarely ever, think of the positives. I realized all of this when I logged on to Twitter/Facebook to complain about my lousy day. I was going to drag other people into my pity party. C’mon Kristina. You’re better than that. Today, God gave a beautiful sunset to drive toward on my way home at 8 o’clock from this hectic day. Thank you for reminding be when my day seems completely discouraging, there is beauty. There is You

1 comment:

  1. I've never once thought about thinking about the day before on a bad day. I will consider this on my next cruddy day. I love you Kristina and your faith in God is amazing to me!

    ReplyDelete